Health coaches are health gurus who assist you to make your weight loss dreams come true and turning your vague ideas and aspirations into reality. There is a proverb “give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime”. Health coaches rely more on this principle of educating the patients about health than just helping the patients.
Health coaches are holistic individuals who guide us to attain our specific health goals by offering exercise programs, nutrition programs, counseling sessions, providing stress management tools and emotional support for patients having a chronic illness or specific health conditions.
Who can be your health coach?
Health coaches are not only doctors but also nurses, community health workers, medical assistants and even patients who are formally trained and ACE certified.
Importance of health coach
- Health coaches collaborate with you to form a plan where patients are asked what they wish to accomplish instead of just telling them what to do.
- Helps you overcome psychological barriers such as low self-esteem, negative self-talk, lack of self-reliance, panic and anxiety and other psychological disorder.
- Provides you with stress management techniques
- Individuals with terminal diseases are given emotional support by offering a platform to share feelings, thoughts and help you cope with your fears
- Health coaches enlighten and cure your medical conditions rather than just providing physical comfort
- Offers individual-specific approach by documenting family health history and current health symptoms
- By setting SMART goals you are a step ahead in your overall health improvement
What could you expect from a health coach?
Most doctors are in a rush dealing with patients. They can provide prescriptions and offer advice on improving health. They are incapable of working with patients individually to help them accomplish health goals. But persons dealing with chronic illness, grave disease and elderly people need someone to assist and to accompany them towards health progression. Thus health coaches serve as a mentor and a health guru in directing the patients towards their health goals.
What could be your health goals?
A health coach can assist you with almost anything from fatigue to acne problems. Sometimes consulting even a minor issue can put off a major health issue. Health coaches are an obvious choice for the following health goals
- You decide to lose weight but don’t know where to begin
- You wish to diet and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- You need a good piece of advice or to clear your mind when it is overwhelmed with information and suggestions
- You have difficulty coping with failures, anxiety, addictions and internal stress factors
- You need the motivation to pursue your goals
On the whole, health coaches strive for wellness and offer life-changing opportunities to realize your own potential. By the end of the sessions, you turn out to be a self-reliant, motivated and highly spirited individual. Appointing a health coach could possibly be the best decision that you might make to turn your health around for the better.